Hi all…I have been nominated for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award!
Ah, come on…I can see your curious eyes staring directly into mine…asking me to explain what this means! Don’t you already know it?!
No? Really? I thought you would!!!
Damn it! I don’t know it either. (But I’ll accept it anyways, awards don’t hurt – Grin!)
Shreyans (click name to read his blog) here could tell us more about it.
He did tell me the rules, so I’ll share those with you all.
- Anyone nominated can nominate upto 7 other bloggers
- Anyone nominated answers 3 questions asked by the person who nominated the blog
- Answer only those questions that you are comfortable answering. You are not obligated to answering the questions to receive the award.
Here are the questions I have been asked and the answers to those:
- What is the motive behind your writing?
Honestly, nothing! Now I don’t know if this is an acceptable answer but it’s the truth. I write because it makes me feel good. I write because I can…I write because I am inspired by several small things that happen around me and this is a medium that suits me best in terms of expression J
- The best book I’ve read till date!
Ah, this is a tricky one. I am an avid reader. I have grown up reading a lot of books (fiction, philosophy, mythology, history – you name it!). One book that has really stayed with me over several years is Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. It’s simplicity and inhibited verbal expression but strong imagery (that makes up for the inhibition with words) is sheer magic. I’ve read this book several times over and over again and I am still as awed after every read as I was after the first one.
- The personality that inspires you the most.
I think I am, in general, inspired by people who show strength in their character. How one reacts when the going is tough is what catches my attention. I have been most influenced by my father in my life. I think I idolize him way too much…I hope I can mirror his ways in life!
Now I’ll leave the nominations bit open. Anyone who feels like answering the following questions, feel free to do so in the comments section… 🙂
Here are the questions:
- With so many shameful incidents happening all around the world, how do you find strength to stay positive and dream of a better future?
- If you could relive yesterday, what would you change about the way it turned out?
- Between waking up and going to work, what is it that you most look forward to doing?
You know what I like about these awards the most though? They make me feel like I’m on some celebrity chat show! Now if you were in India, I’d tell you it feels like I’m on Koffee with Karan. But for those of you, who don’t know about it, imagine an equivalent! (Or Google it, duh!)