It’s been a while since Carly who writes at My Hearing Loss Story nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. In her nomination she says about my blog – “I nominate….https://aishwaryasivakumar.wordpress.com/ A fantastic storyteller -she writes about her life.” What a lovely way to summarize my blog indeed. Often when I am asked – “What do you write about?” – I struggle to find a way to put together the things on my blog. Since I don’t have a particular theme or rules around which I build my content, I struggle to explain what this site really is. And now I have an explanation. Thanks Carly, you are lovely! 🙂
Carly also says when she nominates, that she doesn’t want anyone to feel compelled to take part in this or accept the award. She really just wants to say that the nominees are amazing. That too is such a lovely lovely gesture indeed. Any while this completely skipped my mind, here I am writing this post for you Carly…
If you haven’t met Carly through her blog yet, please click on the link above to visit her. She writes about her sudden loss of hearing in her left ear and her strength and objective approach towards all of this is admirable.
As a rule of accepting this award I need to now tell you 7 facts about myself. Here they are…
- I am a big geek! I am a scientist and I am all that you imagine a scientist would be. I wear glasses, labcoats and perform experiments and love discussing science. But I also dance and sing and drink and eat loads of food 😀
- I practice yoga. I have been practicing for about 6/7 years now and am fairly good at it. It is only recently that I have started reading a lot more about it and am experimenting with my routines to learn new postures. Fortunately my body is coping well with this.
- I love books. I am currently reading a book of Japanese Short Stories by Theodore Gosseen.
- I am obsessed about lip balms. Period. Don’t want to explain this weird fettish 😉
- I am judgmental like everyone else. I strongly believe that anyone who says he/she isn’t judgmental is lying. Anyone with opinions is judgmental and that’s possibly all of mankind.
- I am an Indian and I am really proud of my heritage. I am obsessed about Mughal History and love reading about their reign, their policies, their architectures…
- I am currently learning about Vermeer and his works. I am learning about his life, his patrons, the compositions of his works – YouTube is my teacher!
I would do nominations but it’s hard to pick and choose from the many many many beautiful people I follow. Also, I agree with Carly in that I don’t want anyone to feel compelled to take part in this. But there are people I would want to know more about…and here are their sites…
- Karen Haywood @ https://blossomsworld.wordpress.com
- Alexis @ https://alexischateau.com
- Vonita @ https://movingtowardsthelight.com
Accept the award and share bits of your life if you’d like to 🙂
Have a lovely day!!!